Monday, February 15, 2010

The steps for Lucid Dreams

By Mike Northstar

If you are reading this article then you’re interested in the concept of lucid dreaming. I have been interested for a number of years. The concept of being able to control dreams, to have a lucid dream has always intrigued me.

I can still remember my very first experience with lucid dreams when I was a child. I dreamt that I was falling and I thought to myself that I was going to die. Then I simply decided to change the hard ground into a lake of water. I had just taken control of my first dream. At the time I did not know that this was called lucid dreaming, it was just fascinating to me that I was able to change my dream while I was dreaming.



It was not until years later that I became aware in the concept of lucid dreaming. As I have grown older I’ve become increasingly interested in the metaphysical aspects of life. One area in particular that interests me is dreaming. Personally, I believe that when we dream we are touching a much deeper part of us, a much wiser part. I thought to myself, if this is true, wouldn’t it be wonderful to be able to actively interact with the dream. This way I could receive much more information.

The question was, “How to Lucid Dream?” How could I create a lucid dream whenever I wanted? As I began to do research on the topic I read a number of books on the subject written by scientific researchers. These scientists broke the process of creating lucid dreams into three steps.

For the first step you had to begin to dream. What I found through my reading was that the best way to create dreams on demand was through the use of sound. More specifically, sounds that tap out a rhythm or a beat pattern that allows the two halves of the brain to synchronize.

I began to use these binaural beats (that’s the scientific name) as I was going to sleep. I quickly noticed that I was recalling more and more of my dreams. At the same time, my dreams were becoming much more detailed and vivid.

Second, create a dream journal. Each morning I would write down as much as I could recall about each dream.

The reason for the dream journal is to condition your mind to remember the dreams. To give a message to your mind that dreams are now important and that you want to recall them.

By using the sound to enhance the quality and quantity of my dreams along with the dream journal got me to the point that I was dreaming up to five separate dreams each night. I was not quite to the point of lucid dreaming but I was close.

The final step to creating a lucid dream was to train my mind to take control of the dreams. To do this I created a simple script based on the research that I used before going to sleep each night. I wrote down this simple statement, “Tonight when I am dreaming I will hear myself say the word gelbelong. When I hear the word gelbelong I will know that I am dreaming and I will take control of my dream.”

Every night just before I go to sleep I would read this statement to myself fifteen times. This conditioned my subconscious mind to say the word “gelbelong” during the dream and for my mind to then know that I was having a lucid dream.

The word “gelbelong” is a word I created. You want the word or phrase to be something that you would never hear in waking life so that there can be no confusion as to whether or not you are dreaming.

Adding this phrase gave me the last piece for creating all of the lucid dreams I want. Now I explore an completely new world whenever I sleep.

I have to admit that I look forward to going to sleep now. It is like I am taking a holiday each and every time I sleep. And more to my interests, I have learned some amazing things about myself.

So if you want to begin to have lucid dreams, just follow the three steps I’ve discussed.

First, use a binaural beat program to begin to create more dreams.

Second, keep a dream journal and write down your dreams.

Last, create your own key word and begin to enjoy the wonderful world of the lucid dream.

Mike Northstar
I enjoy talking with people who lucid dream and I am always looking for ways to enhance my lucid dreams experiences.

0 comments: